Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Bliss List

My Little Bliss List (Remembering the things that made me happy this week, because it's so easy to forget them.)

This past week was Canada Day and 4th of July.  I hope everyone had a fantastic and safe holiday and enjoyed their day of patriotic celebrating.  I know we did.  It was very hot here, much to hot to barbecue.  I couldn't bear the thought of standing over a grill in 107 degree heat!  Instead, we had a spread of delicious cold food and relaxed indoors, out of the sun and heat.

I occasionally drive the dogs into the nearest town to walk, for a change of scenery.  We found this patriotic converted barn while walking the other day.  It was too cute not to photograph.

http://blog.livlane.com/2012/07/little-bliss-list-fireworks/
Patriotic Barn Side, Phto by Tori Beveridge
It's official and there's no turning back now.  We ordered our chickens!  Happy, happy, happy!

Here's what we're getting:

The Girls:
2 Rhode Island Reds
2 Barred Plymouth Rocks
2 Speckled Sussex
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte

We're also getting a Barred Plymouth Rock Rooster.  We read that the Plymouth Rocks tend to be kinder, friendlier roosters, yet are still brave.  Here's hoping.

They will arrive the week of July 16th as little, days old, balls of fluff in a box at the Post Office.  I can't wait.

They'll be in the garage in a special little home we're making for them out of a storage container.  You'll get to see it when they arrive, as I'll be taking lots of pictures.

For those of you who have chickens and blog about them, I'll be reading your blogs and maybe even asking your advice.  I know I'm frequently over at Fresh Eggs Daily reading and taking notes, doing my research.

On my art blog, I've been taking part in Twinkle Twinkle's Summer of Color 2, Ice Cream Inspirations and been having a blast.  I'm enjoying creating art inspired by the ice cream flavor of the week.  It has me setting aside time for art, which I haven't always done lately, which makes me very happy.

What made you happy this week?  Share your bliss.

I'm linking up with Liv Lane's Little Bliss List


No comments:

Post a Comment