Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Morning Thoughts

A Meme


One of my favorite things is rising early, when the world around me is still asleep, then watching and listening to it awake.

Outside my window the sun shines, fooling me into thinking it's warm.

I am thinking of spring, gardens, planting, daffodils and tulips.

From the kitchen comes the aroma of coffee, calling me to pour a cup.

I am wearing blue, denim and a cotton tee, trimmed with picot lace and a tiny bow.

I am reading The Southern Exposure Seed Exchange 2013 Catalog and Garden Guide; vegetables like Royal Black Peppers speak to me, along with  Statice, Love-in-a-Mist, Strawflower and Globe Amaranth, flowers to dry and keep in everlasting bouquets and wreaths through next winter.

I am hearing the kneading of a cat's claws on the dog's bed behind me, as she joins the dogs and other cats, in a sleepy, warm pile of fur, for a morning nap.

I am hoping that my family and friends are well and happy today and everyday.

Around the room the sun filters through the dust particles, creating rays of sparkling magic.

I am going to mix up a sourdough bread starter.

I am creating art, inspired by my thoughts of flowers and spring.

I am thankful for the pleasures found in the magic of ordinary days.

Here is a picture thought I am sharingcreated from my daydreams of flowers and spring.

Morning Glory Birdhouse by Tori Beveridge

I found this meme at A Haven for Vee, who found it at Cait's .

This meme was a pleasure to write, and I encourage you to share your thoughts in words and pictures too.  Please let me know if you do, I'd love to read your meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment