Friday, June 15, 2012

My Little Bliss List - Anticipation

"Good things come to those who wait."

This week I'm finding bliss in the anticipation of things to come.

I'm waiting for mulberries.  They are still green for the most part, due, I'm sure, to our dry, hot weather.  There are a few ripe ones, much to the delight of the birds and this squirrel who was having a picnic in our largest mulberry this morning.

Squirrel in The Mulberry, Photo by Tori Beveridge

My daughter, Melissa has been appearing in Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" this week in Toronto.  It's the 8th season of Bard in the Park, at Kew Gardens in The Beach.  There are performances tonight and tomorrow night at 7pm and matinees tomorrow and Sunday at 2pm.  Melissa is playing Beatrice.

Admission is free, but donations are always gratefully accepted.  There is limited seating, so picnic blankets or your own chairs are encouraged.  If you're in Toronto, it would be a lovely evening out.

Sadly, I can't be there but I am looking forward to pictures of the performances, which I will blissfully share with you.

Melissa as Titania in "A Midsummer's Night Dream" in 2010.

My daughter Melissa in "A Midsummer's Night Dream" June 2010

Of course, there were many ordinary blissful moments this week, watching and laughing through a couple of hours of Jeff Dunham with Mr. B., gardening, clearing out brush, morning walks... as the Carly Simon lyrics say "these are the good old days".

What made you happy this week?  Share your bliss.

I am linking up with 

No comments:

Post a Comment