Friday, June 22, 2012

My Little Bliss List

My Little Bliss List (Remembering the things that made me happy this week, because it's so easy to forget them.)

Bliss is a cooler day today after so many hot humid days.  It has me re-energized.  All outdoor activities have had to happen between the hours of 6am and 10am because the weather was so hot and humid and the sun was scorching. We seem to get more accomplished, which is always good.

Bliss is listening to the Whip-poor-wills.  They must have known that I needed to get up early, for they were outside the bedroom window calling me with their distinct repetitive song every morning starting at 4:30am.  Sometimes I simply smiled and rolled over and slept for another hour.  It may sound annoying to some of you, but to me it's always had a rather romantic appeal.  I remember when we first moved here, how delighted I was to hear them for the first time, after reading about them in so many novels.

Bliss is a bowl full of cherries...

Cherries, Photo by Tori Beveridge
Cherries, Photo by Tori Beveridge
... and ripe pears. 
Cherries and Pears, Photo by Tori Beveridge
Cherries and Pears, Photo by Tori Beveridge

What made you happy this week?  Share your bliss.

I am linking up to 




1 comment: